Fwd: Dutch Babies



Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Danielle Story <storyfamily@hotmail.com>
Date: July 11, 2012 10:28:15 AM MDT
To: storyfamily1.DaVe3283@blogger.com
Subject: Dutch Babies

Hi!

I was just thinking about how much I missed my bloggy family, so when I made breakfast this morning I decided to share! :-)

My family loves it when I "make" breakfast.  Even more if it involves syrup!  



First thing my husband said when I pulled the pan out of the oven, "Are they supposed to look like that?". The answer is yes!  Yes they are supposed to be puffy, and crackly.  At least they always were when my dad made them! :-)

When I looked up the recipe online it said, "serves 2".  I don't know about you, but I have a hard time taking a recipe seriously that only serves 2!! So I quadrupled it!  

8 eggs
2c flour
2c milk
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg

Mix in order given, making sure to beat the bee-jeebers out of the eggs.
Place an 11x13 pan in a hot oven with a stick of butter.
Pour batter into the melted buttery pan and bake at 425 for 15 min.
Serve with hot syrup.  


Comments

  1. Ohhhh! My recipe doesn't have nutmeg in it - I definitely have to try that soon!!! I stick mine in the blender so I don't have to work so hard at the mixing....lol!! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts