A good name is more desirable

>
>
>
> How cute are these two boys?!?
> Here is Benji holding our little prince.  Such handsome boys!  And that cast brings out the "tough" in our little curly haired man. So, I promised another story, and so, Once upon a time... Cue the music.  ;-)   We provide respite care for other foster families.  Two weeks ago we had twin Native-American boys.  3yrs old, and cu-u-u-ute!  They had us all wrapped around their finger rather quickly.  When it came time to return them we started having problems. In the end of two days of texting and what-not, the other Foster Mother had been in an accident. And was stranded two hours from us, with no car.  I being the ever-planner, made plans to have another little girl for respite care starting the same gift the boys were to go home.  No biggie...9 kiddos, can do.  Then I remembered my sweet friend that was going above and beyond for our church and her adorable little girl that I offered to watch...still, ok, 10 kids.  It was exciting, and to be honest, I left David with the 6 boys, (most of whom were sleeping), and took the 4 girls to the store for lunch!  :-). He's a great dad!  Very understanding husband.  Rarely complains when the best laid plans of his wife...explode, etc.  :-D After a few days, most of the extras had gone home and we were all playing in the basement, trying to clean up a little ie."find floor space to walk", when we hear, "You're to supposed to be up here baby!" then a scream from our littlest.  He was trying to follow the girls up the ladder and our little respite care girl was being the enforcer.  When I picked him up he wouldn't move his right arm!  I mean, it was glued to his little body!  So of course I rushed him into the hospital and they looked him over head to toe, nothin!  Not a bump, or bruise.  So they called it a localized seizure and sent us home.  Two days later he began favoring his left arm!  So, back to the hospital, and sure enough, buckle fracture of his ulna and radius.  Sweet baby never fussed once!  And his grandma came straight to the hospital to offer support.   Since this picture was taken he decided that the cast was much more fun to chew on than anything else in arms reach, and we have wrapped it in duct tape which I highly recommend! Little update on the medical neglect charges: We were 100% exonerated! There is officially no threat in our home! And we are on the list for another placement! All our friends/therapists really came through with letters of support and confirmation of a perfectly healthy little J, and the social worker has decided that another line of work would be preferable.  We are also mid-talk with the CASA worker's supervisor, and I'm hoping for another good outcome there.   For now, we are so grateful for your support, we are excited to see where God will lead us next, or who He will lead to our home.  :-) He is faithful!

Comments

  1. Danielle, I am just catching up after a long, long break. I scrolled down and read your previous post after reading this one, and can connect the dots now... What an ordeal.
    I am so glad things are turning around. Social services
    have never been on my list of of heroes, and stories like these only confirm the way I feel. I think there ought to be a title for the way you and other foster/adoptive parents have been treated; something like ("Foster Parent abuse" or "Social Services Abuse") Oh well... I'm just saying...It is sad isn't it?

    It sounds like you have a large houseful coming and going still, which I am sure keeps you contented; knowing that your Mama's heart. Those boys are so cute in the picture... you ought to frame that one.

    Now I am going to scroll down again and see if I can find any pics of your new basement... I would love to see it. Give our love to all

    Love you bunches,

    Pam



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts