The 2 J's



Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Danielle Story <storyfamily@hotmail.com>
Date: July 14, 2012 3:03:57 PM MDT
To: storyfamily1.DaVe3283@blogger.com
Subject: The 2 J's

First a picture from a few weeks ago.
Aren't the cute?  Can't you just imagine them toddling?  Little J with his bow legged, just off the horse swagger.  Isaiah and his, "Whoah, Whoah, I almost fell that time."  :-).

r

This is such a hard entry to write... We've been taking turns crying, yelling, questioning, praying.
But here goes.

This story starts last tues. crazy, busy day, as usual. Up at 8, getting just the 2 J's ready, fed and dressed.  We had an appointment at 9, where they were stripped to underthings, weighed, checked for height, and finger pricked.  Then quickly back home to make sure the older J was able to do speech therapy.  Then back in the car to get groceries and meet the cousin that is considering adopting them.  
Let me stop here for a second.  This cousin has never given us any trouble in the past, and apart from being a little overwhelmed by the nature of the request, she has been cooperative.
We were going to meet in the grocery store, which is a perfect two birds, one stone type of scenario.  She was busy checking out, so apart from a very brief intro into the world of taking care of the older J's xcema, we didn't say much.  She asked me to take the children and their things to her husband in the parking lot.  
When we got to him, I told him, "Both of their noses have been running today... I'm not sure if it's a cold, or allergies, and here is her cream," followed by a brief description of how to use it.  The older J said again, "Mom, now you promise me that after I see my sisters, you will be there to pick me up. I want to go home with you!". I promise, reassure, love on and pass her to her uncle.
Later that afternoon I get a sort of confrontational call from the cousin, "Why didn't you tell me that little J was sick?". I told her that I had warned her husband that I knew his nose was runny, but that she could give him Ibuprofen, and give her his specific weight to dose.
Thursday I received a call from the GAL. She is also very confrontational.  "Concerned" about the "bloody and scabbed over xcema" on little J.  
I'm sorry, I have to just say one more thing...
Little J has one of the most mild cases of xcema I have ever seen, and the dr even questioned why he had been prescribed cream at an earlier appointment.  
Ok ok, back on track. Anywho, I asked the GAL what she wanted me to do, he hadn't been in my home since tues morning! Did she want me to go and pick him up?   Come to find out, she just wanted to belittle my communication skills, and ask me to "communicate" via notebook, so that she can prove who I said what to.
Fast forward to fri night.  Very very long day, another blog, another time. I'm waiting outside the DHS it's 15 min after when they are supposed to be done. It's hot. I'm exhausted.  Out walks the social worker, followed closely behind by the two CASA volunteers.  They look nervous, and that's never a good sign.  "Ms Story, I apologize that you had to wait, however we have decided to remove J and J from your home, effective immediately.". I'm shocked!!! I'm floored!!!!
"Whatttttt?" I stammer. "W-w-why?". I stutter, even in my memories, I stutter. "Because of our concern over little J's xcema. We are taking them for reason of medical neglect!".
I ask to see him for myself, NO.  
I ask to at least be able to say goodbye, No, followed by, "I am not inclined to ever let you see them again." N-n-not inclined?  What?  
One of the CASA's pulls out her phone and shows me a picture of the backs of what I'm assuming was little J's legs.  Sure enough, it "looks" like scabs. I can not explain how they got there, which I realize looks bad, but I am handing over his care, and can not be responsible for what happens outside of my time with him!
Now I swear to you this next part is true, and I hope that some-one out there is as inept at expressing anger over being called a liar, and a child abuser.  But I stammered, "O-o-ok. Ha-a-ave a nice day.". Have a nice day?!?!?  Who says that? Who responds like that?  I could have kicked myself!  
This morning our little Isaiah woke up with THE SAME rash-y scabs on his legs!!!  A follow up call for the dr confirms, it's a virus, it's running rampant right now, and it will clear on its own in 7-10 days.  
Please, please pray that we are exonerated before there is an official investigation. An allegation of medical neglect is very dangerous.  

Thank you all for so much support and care for our family the last few days!  

Comments

  1. Take pictures of Isaiah's rash and have a copy of the doctor's diagnosis. I'm so sorry about all this, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. My heart is pounding as I read this! I'm so sorry! Remember what I've told you before, let GOD defend you. He will do it so much better than anyone else, especially you. I am so sorry about all this. I have to say, my kids have that rash behind their legs all the time. It's just Colorado dry skin? Love ya. Praying hard here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what happened to my first comment so sorry if you get this twice!

    I just can't believe that 'professionals' can act like this.

    You know we deal with eczema in our house all the time. My youngest almost always has scabs somewhere, and it's it through lack of care! Plus, on a Tuesday his knees could look fine and by Thursday they could be really bad. That's eczema for you!

    PLUS, becauses eczema is connected to your immune system, whenever you get a cold/virus your skin flares up too. Sounds like this could be what happened to your little J.

    Want me to fly over and testify as your eczema expert? :0)

    Seriously, praying for you all and this horrible situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, that should be 'NOT through lack of care'!!!

    Always best to proof read before posting!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts