Another Momma

Another momma knew you months before I did. 
Another momma felt that flutter of life inside that was you.
Another momma packed a diaper bag with baby toys and a tiny onesie.
Another momma rushed to the hospital to give you life. 
Another momma had a room full of family that would hold you first,  love you first,  and give you your first nickname. 
Another momma would hold you close,  breathe you in and kiss you goodbye. 
Another momma left the hospital with empty arms. 

You were delivered to me in the presence of Drs and nurses. 
You didn't cry as we unwrapped you and counted all your fingers and toes. 
You melted in my arms as though you had been waiting for me. 
You would cry later,  but in this moment you and I were wrapped up in contentment.

Another momma gave you life, 
We gave you family.

Comments

Popular Posts