11-5 Foster Friday

Well we made it though another week.  :-D  That's a good place to start.  God brought us through another week.  Although admittedly there were some rough spots.  ;-)

This week I only took one picture.  Tues morning Abi started puking, and it was ugly!  Ten minutes later, Benji started.  OBVIOUSLY I called off visitation.  NOT a popular decision, I should clarify, not the bio family's favorite decision, but we LOVED being home this week.  Our week was pretty much a domino effect of people gettin' sick.  Thurs there was a Links meeting.  Still not sure why they call them Links meetings.  They should be called, screaming, crying, name calling sessions.  This was a rough one.  The day before I got BLASTED in an e-mail from the bio grandma.  Telling me that she would like notice from now on if the boys are going to be sick. . . I'm not kidding.  Then I had to scramble to get letters from Dr's, return e-mails, get reference letters from the therapists explaining why keeping the baby on his schedule was so important. . . they all did  a great job, and we went into the meeting with 5 letters. 
The grandma has hired a defense attorney, and suddenly the state is pushing to re-unite the kiddos and their grandparents.  I also was "schooled" in terms of how each case has a certain budget.  Every month over that budget gets people in deeper and deeper, and they are needin' to wrap up this case.   They were going to start over-night visits SOON, until all these letters surfaced, and now they are thinking maybe a few more weeks of preparation are in order.  Praise the Lord.  He is working on my heart to prepare me to let them go. . . but I really pray that they will be prepared to take on the responsibility of them as well.
This morning we had our first combined therapy session.  It went pretty well, but we found out that the boyfriend who no-one has seen ever hold the baby, will be their babysitter while the grandma works.  Lord, calm my heart!!!!  I had to keep reminding myself of my Bible study this morning.  "Believest thou this?"
Can you believe that, that is the whole verse?  And it says, or implies alot.  Do you believe what He says?  Do you believe that he can "turn the kings heart like channels of water?" or that "he cares more for us than the birds of the air"  these are His children.  He loves them more than I do. I have been praying for His will.  Do I believe it?  The answer, a re-sounding YES!  I do believe it.  I believe that He wants the best for them.  That He knows what is best for all of us. 


Half way through the week Abi and Alex were the only
ones not throwing up, so we went to Wal-mart for
some supplies. 
 Little Pumpkin Pies are so fun!

Comments

  1. My goodness it must be so hard to go through this every week Danielle. You sure do a wonderful job of keeping your perspective, and remembering Who holds things in His hands. You are precious. I know those kids will always remember your safe and happy home, and will keep it as a photograph / video in their minds.

    That little cupcake at the bottom is too cute for words. I'm thinking she looks just like you used to look.

    Love you. Praying a blessed week for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired of saying this, seems futile at the moment, but I am praying! Really, truly prayin for ya! Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much you are all going through! And I can't believe all the stuff the bio family are coming out with! I have actually laughed out loud at some of it and I can't believe that 'educated professionals' believe it all!

    Your attitude is spot on though. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts