Insomnia and Autism

If you don't have a real grasp of your child's developmental or emotional state,  I recommend a road trip.  

But more specifically,  eat, sleep, bathe and "relax" in the same room.

I didn't realize, until last night,  the extent of our little prince's insomnia.  

I bathed them,  gave them snacks,  hugged them, bounced them, ALL THE THINGS at 8:30.
At 11, I changed his diaper,  and laid with him for 30 minutes.  
At 1am, he was wandering the room until he found our car keys,  then he played with the flashlight under his covers.  
2:30am I took away the keys,  tucked him back in.  
Then the whispering started...
"10,9,8 7,6,5,fo-thee-two-one" the last 4 numbers coming out in a rush. 
"We go-een on ars trip fo Tehhhhhhhhn dayz. 
But we AHL-ready have two dayz, that leabs eight dayzzzz, yes. Dats right."
Then more counting, all the way to 50 this time. 
"Mimi-papa-howwwwwwz" on a loop.
"Miz Kwisti lubs me, she hug me and squeeze me and she Will. Not. Stop." 
At 7:30 I climbed into bed next to him. 
"I lub you mom. I lub Daddy!! I wann tell him!!"
Me: "NO, no baby,  that's not a good idea." 😅
A call to our pediatrician is on the "to-do" list.

Comments

Popular Posts