"Working From Home" the dream!

HI!
 
Ok, I have a little confession to make.
 
Working from home IS WORK.
 
Everyone has that friend that works from home, that posts exotic pictures followed by, "The view from my desk".  ;-) 
 
 
Doesn't that look amazing?? 
Don't you wish you were working from the beach??  I know I do!! 
Drink in hand, sand under my feet, and a gentle breeze.... Mmmmmmmm
 
 
 
That's one perk of the work from home lifestyle.  A GREAT PERK, but it's really not a fair picture of how life goes.
 
I started working from home, because I have lots of little people that need me.   They need me to be there for their therapy, and their successes.  They want me to watch them at dance class,
 
 
and take them to the park after school.  I have children that still struggle with reading and can only get through the lesson without tears if I make a little snack, and we have a "SHAKE IT OFF" break!
 
A few nights ago my team had a meeting scheduled to start at 7pm. 
In my mind I had it all planned out. 
My hubby was gonna make dinner, so all I had to do was get it all out, and ready, he would grill,  bring it in, and I would have everyone happily eating and I could retreat, warm meal in hand to run the meeting online from the back bedroom.
Hahahahaha
What's that saying?
 
 
 yeah.... ^^THAT^^
I should be reminding myself of this one instead.
 
Well, things started off great. 
We even took a little selfie out by the grill, ready to go, with plenty of time allotted.
 
 
Aren't we cute?
 
RIGHT after we took that picture, there was a RUSH of terrible gas smell, and then,
WOOSH.
OUT OF GAS IN THE GRILL!!!!!
 
Just like that my plans were out the window.  We had to bring in all the meat. I had to dig through the cabinet and find my BIG HUGE skillets.  Next came an army of little people bringing in meat, parking their little fannies UNDER MY FEET and the whining started.
Hungry, angry, little people. 
 
HANGRY is what my sister calls it.  ;-)
 
Meanwhile the clock was marching forward.  It was 6:50 when the stovetop got heated up.  At 7 O'clock I was up to my elbows in hamburger and bacon grease, smelled like onions, and I had baby formula dripping down one leg from where the baby had thrown his bottle at me to signify his displeasure at having to wait.
 
This is working from home.
 
 
But so is this. 
 
And this.
 
 
I am so blessed to be a work from home mom.
 
And I will NOT apologize for bringing my phone with me to the park.
 
I am grateful to be present while they are playing, and teach them that this is how we
are investing in our future.
 
Work is work.
BUT, I  get to "work" with my little people around me.












Comments

Popular Posts