Libby Paige

Most of you know that David has a daughter.
They were separated many years ago, but in our hearts she never stopped being a part of our family! We prayed for her, bought her birthday gifts and an Easter activity book. We had her picture framed on our dresser. We used to search Myspace and Facebook, writing to any Libby Story's that looked about the right age.
Then, late June I was in the shower, and David called me, that kind of excited, little boy on Christmas, sound in his voice. "I found Libby!", now, before you think I'm callous, or get judge on me, know that we have thought we have found Libby before... But he persisted, "It's our Libby, I'm sure this time!" How could he be so sure you ask? She had posted her baby picture as her facebook profile!

David and trey made the trek north.

And finally, after 15yrs apart, they met.

they had dinner together, and went back to the hotel and watched a little tv. the next morning she agreed to home with them, and after two days on the road, they arrived! I was warned to not make a "big deal" over her, and she just blended in like...family! We love you Libby!

Comments

  1. PamDecember 20, 2012 10:20 PM
    Oh, she is beautiful Danielle, and she was a precious little girl as well. You all look like one big happy family... well you are one big happy family. I want to hear more... post what you can or e-mail me. I sure appreciated the e-mail the other day, you will have to tell me the rest. We keep you all in our prayers. Merry Christmas.

    Love you bunches,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,
    So so blessed to read about sweet Libby! She is so beautiful and I am sure you and David are such a beautiful and warm welcome to her. I want to read more!! Love you so much Danielle!
    Miss you
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts