Bar-B-Q!

We have been trying to get things fixed up around here.
The basement is finally finished. The kitchen although still small has plenty of storage now. Isaiah's room is cozy, and ALL his. The dogs were re-homed so the backyard and the deck are cleaned up. The last thing is David's grill. (cue the dramatic music)
In my eagerness to flex my hospitality muscles, I invited people over last weekend for bar-b-qued chicken and corn on the cob. That was an epic fail... 2 couples had to wait a crazy amount of time while my poor husband stood outside labor ing over these dumb chicken pieces that refused to cook!
Yesterday, David decided, this far and no further! He was going to take back his Grill Master status, and one way or the other we would be eating food off the grill for dinner.
2 trips to Wal-mart and 4 hours later, we were starving, it was past 8 (pm!!!) and the children thought they were going to die! "Literally, shrivel up in a ball, choke out a dying breath and turn to dust", our 10yr old informed me. That's when we heard the familiar, tick, tick, whoosh sound coming from the grill! Yay!
We sent out an army of hungry children with plates, forks, potato salad, fruit, hamburger buns, condiments, and drinks. Our only problem now? It was dark! I mean, pitch black, can't see your hand in front of your face dark! Our solution? Candles! Lots of them!
I love my family! I love eating outside like we used to when I was a little girl. And I love my Grill Master!

Comments

  1. Excuse me Danielle, I do not consider the BBQ you had last week a fail. We all had a fabulous time! And the food was very good... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts