March 4th A visit and an emergency

Although fridays are not our usual day for visitations, there have been so many cancellations lately and this case is drawing to a close so we had a make-up visit today.
Unfortunately the only time they had available was from 2 to 4 right smack in the middle of Isaac's naptime. So, we had lunch, bundled the baby up and hoped he would sleep on the way.  
After the boys went in to visit we stayed parked in the back lot, in the employee parking lot.  We had only been siting there a little while when I saw "the grandma's" boyfriend's car drive up behind me, effectively blocking me in. As I watched in the side view mirror he got out of his car and stood staring at us.  Being the big, brave, DUMB girl, I got out of the van and stated back at him.  (i don't recommend this)  After a moment of this he went around the back of his car and opened the trunk of his car.  This is where reality slapped me, "What the heck was I doing? Staring down a stranger in a parking lot?" I got back in my     "fortress" locked the doors and called my friends inside.  Social workers are rarely rarely at their desks so I had to leave messages. Then I called David, he stayed on the phone with me until "the boyfriend" finished whatever he was doing and left.  I re-located our van to another parking lot where our social worker could look out the window and keep an eye on us.  We weren't there more than ten minutes when here comes the boyfriend again, doing his best impression of a drive-by stare down.  Makes my skin crawl just typing it...  After visit was over they had the parents stay in the room upstairs while we loaded up and left.  We headed straight home to pick up David up and then back up to Denver for a special birthday dinner for Alex!

Issaac slept all the way home and back up to Denver. When we got to Casa Bonita David got the baby out of the van and I carried the gifts. In line David said, "Babe, I can't seem to wake him up..."  When I looked back, I can't describe how I felt, he was nearly limp in David's arms, his eyes were glassy his mouth was slack. We traded him back and forth, tried to get his attention, talked to a nurse sitting near us, we decided we had to leave three party, take the baby to the emergency room.  I called the on-call worker. Left messages for our home supervisor and guardian ad lidum, and David dropped us off at the ER door.  It was so cold, nearly snowing, and something about that blast of cold air woke him up. 8hrs and dozens of tests
later thru sent us home with an altered mental status diagnosis and an urgent letter for our neurologist.
If anyone out there has had any experience with this type of seizure I would love to hear from you!  
Sent from myTouch 4G

Comments

  1. I have slowly been catching up on your blog and all the events. You melt my heart with all the ups and downs! What a tough and crazy day today! I will be praying for you all and the little one, poor baby.

    Much love sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, We will be praying for you too. What is his status now? Bless your hearts. You said the case is coming to a close, what will happen next? Keep us posted sweetie.
    Love you lots,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts