Jan 4th and 5th A visit and a letter

Jan 4th was their first visit back after their surgeries and the Christmas debacle. I dropped the boys off for visit and headed back home. The rest of the afternoon was quiet, weird how quiet it is with only three children...
We all went into town to pick them up at the McD's. They were picking up and dropping of at our house but at the suggestion of our home-supervisor that has ended. Anyway, I don't trust myself to be nice so my sweet husband is going to do all the interactions with them. They were twenty minutes late that night, then when David brings me the baby i notice a huge lump on his forehead with a cut through the middle of it. David asked her how he got it and she said she picked him up from visit that way! Well David is making small talk, so I'm reading through the back and forth book. The last line of the book is her saying I dropped him of at the center poopy and with the lump on his head. Also that they have him apple sauce with cinnamon and he started throwing up so bad that they canceled the rest of visit and called the grandma. Not wanting to make him worse she didn't feed him anymore. Poor baby hadn't been fed from 12 until 7pm!!! Also 10 days post-op he was so wet that he had popped the buttons open on his onsie. The next morning I drove into town and from the library wrote a very long letter to the Guardian Ad Lidum. Here's the last few lines, "I'm hoping and praying that there is something you can do to help. How can I keep them safe, taken care of, if they completely dis-regard his instructions and needs?"
The next day all unsupervised visits were canceled. Praise the Lord for a good GAL, for a mom that taught me to express myself through writing and for His grace that is sufficient!!!

Comments

  1. that is wonderful! thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is great Danielle, that you have learned to write everything down and to confront the issues with the right people. Many prayers and blessings sweetie.
    Much love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Danielle,
    So glad they were able to listen to you. So glad you are such a great mommy looking after her babies. I sure love you and how you care for these babies
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, been missing you. Give us a post on what you are up to. How are the kids. How is the homeschooling going. How about the crochet project?
    Keep us "Posted (ha) okay?
    Love ya
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I can't WAIT for this to all be over and you to have full FULL custody of that sweet baby!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts