Holbrook, AZ

We learned a few things about Holbrook, Az.
#1. Their Pizza Hut ROCKS!
We ordered 4 pizzas at 7:55pm, they delivered them at 8:15pm! That's 20 minutes!

#2. Their 911 operator is very friendly,  nice even!

It took me a little over an hour to get the 3 littlest to sleep.  I sat between them.  Two little bodies tucked up against me. I didn't think ahead enough to pack some heavy sensory providing things.  And without our special beds,  we had a hard time getting little bodies to settle.  About 11pm, I climbed into my own bed, exhausted. (Of course I was tired,  but it's an important caveat)
"Hello? Are you there?"
I think maybe the TV is on....
"Are you there? Can you hear me?"
I pry one eye open, there's a light in the room, and that voice again.
I groan and haul myself upright.
Isaiah is sitting up in bed,  my phone in his hand,  and he's waving the screen around like he's on a video-chat....
David is awake now,  and he takes the phone from him and hands it to me.  I nearly just hung up on the random voice, but had a second thought and sure enough,  he pushed the emergency call button.  He had been "talking" to the 911 operator for just over 4 minutes.   I explain, and assure her that we are fine, and I climbed back into Isaiah's bed.  

Now it's 4am, and he's wide awake.  Every 15 min there is a train somewhere outside of town and when they blow their horn he stage whispers,  "Waz dat nowz?" "It's a train." We high-five.
I pull him close again and put my leg back over his legs and he snuggles in.
Then again, 15 min later,  "Waz dat nowz?"

At 7:15am Benji came to our room.  He hears a mouse in the AC unit.

7:30am Isaiah wakes me up by tapping my cheek.
"Hmmm? You ok Zae-Zae?"
He wiggles those expressive, dark eyebrows.
"I'm wet."

And that was Holbrook, AZ.


Comments

Popular Posts