Sally Hanson VS Jamberry

A few weeks ago someone in a home party came wearing Sally Hanson Salon Effects.
Then, not even a week later, someone gave them to me as a gift!!!
Well, my wheels started turning, and I thought, I wonder....
I wonder if they really are "just like Jamberry, only cheaper."
 
And thus, a spark of an idea for a review.
It was just a twinkling in my blogger's eye, but it was there.
 
I went through my old stash of nail polish, and lo and behold I had other
Sally Hanson products under my counter!
 
So, here are the products that I used.
 
To be fair, I used a base coat under all of them.
Only one coat of each.
Used them all according to their directions.
And didn't use a top coat over any of them.
 
 
First up is the Sally Hanson Nail Strips.
 
The first thing I noticed, THEY SMELL TERRIBLE!!!!
I mean, "WHOAH, turn a fan on, and open the windows" kind of terrible.
 
The second thing I noticed, FIVE MILLION SIZES!!!
And each one is a ONE TIME TRY.
I read that, in the directions, but I didn't believe them.
I'm a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my nails,
and the first strip I used felt a little crooked....
You CAN'T TAKE THEM OFF AND RE-TRY THEM.

 
See, I told you. I went through two that I thought were the perfect size.
When they were gone,  I had to settle for the "I guess they'll fit" size.

 
I had to open the second package, and get into what was supposed to be the second set.
UGH, the smell when you break into that plastic wrap!!!
:-P

 
Can you tell that the pattern came off while I was trying to file off the excess.
Hmmmmm
 
AGHHHHHHHH
Just kiddin', it's just polish.
I'm not super co-ordinated.
 

 
Here they are, all completed.
I should mention that the Jamberry wasn't the right size for the finger that I chose for it.
So, I just cut it!
It went right on, no problems at all.
No smell.
No fumes...
No gas mask required.

 
You can see what colors I'm drawn to naturally.
 
{{{{INSERT TIME WARP}}}}
 
 
 
Here we are 1 week later.
The polish is all chipping and awful.
The Jamberry lacquer however, isn't chipping at all.
It almost looked like was fading....

 
Here's the polish up close.
That white line, is a break, WAYY up into the nail bed.
OUCH!!!

 
Here we have the Sally Hanson.
It is chipping away at the tips.
JUST LIKE POLISH!
Another weird thing... it felt ... textured.
Or, maybe dimpled... It was strange.

 
Here's the Jamberry I cut to size.
It's still sucked down onto the nail.
The "J" on the tip is still perfectly visible.

 
I used Jamberry Lacquer Remover which worked great!
Almost...

 
I swear, I COULD NOT GET THIS STUFF OFF!!!
I literally had to take a file to get those edge pieces.
Grrrrrrrrrrr

 
This is the nail that the Jamberry was on.
I used a Lacquer Remover on a cotton pad, broke the seal a little on the edge,
and it came right off.
I was surprised to see that my nail had broken on this finger too.
Can you see it? There, on the left. JUST above the white?
But I didn't even notice until I took the wrap off!
 
I found these pics online.
They sum it up perfectly.
 
This is what you need for Jamberry.
They are heat and pressure activated, so you need A heat source,
and an orange stick of some kind to rub them well.
 

This is what you'll need for the Sally Hanson Salon Effects.
The package that you buy has a little file with three
different strengths of grit.
But let me tell you, they need to add a pic of  "elbow grease" and time! ;-)
 
I will not be using the rest of the Sally Hanson strips.
If anyone else would like them, you are welcome to them!!
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Do a review on the Kiss ones next. Those were the only ones that work for me at all! I'd like to see the results on someone with "NORMAL" nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the review Danielle. It is fun. It is always great to try things out just to see. I do love those Jamberrys, and I didn't doubt the outcome. Have a great week.
    Love and Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts