My Sweet Papa

Shortly after we returned home from our "trip"
we got a call from my momma.
My Papa was being discharged into a hospice care center.
We loaded up the RV and headed south.
When we arrived he was all settled into a room with classic cars on the walls.
He smiled when we came in, and patted the bed to call me over.
He was alert and talkative.
We talked about the cars on the wall, his first car.
And we laughed. 
My papa was so very special to me, to all of us.
He was so witty, and fun.
He LOVED to make you laugh, and taught me so much.
He taught me to drive a stick shift.
He taught me how to play blackjack.
But one of my favorite ways he taught me was from the pulpit.
He started every sermon with a little joke,
I LOVED how he waited for the congregation to get the joke.
He made you feel important.
Like you were his.

Being his was one the greatest joys of my life.
 
He went home to Jesus the next morning. 
 
Heaven, it's our promise and our reward!  

Comments

Popular Posts