Catch up

In the last few months since I've posted we've had lots of activity around here!! 

In July my hubby worked for friends and family doing odd jobs to pay his way through CNA school. So proud of him!!

Then July and Aug he went to school and a week of clinicals in a nursing home, which he loved!! Again so proud!!! 
In September he took his certification test, oh no, wait before that, we PRACTICED AND PRACTICED AND PRACTICED!!!! I have had my bed pan changed, been ambulated, and had my range of motion excercised A LOT!! 
Then he took the test. (If he didn't pass either the written or the skills version we had $$ set aside to pay for a re-take.)  He called to tell me he passed and we spent that $$ on a babysitter and a movie. I was a PROUD wife!! :-) 

Next came the applications. Lots and lots of applications.  But we persevered and got an interview with a good company.  He started this last week, and we are hopeful that it will be a good fit, and he is excited! 

That brings us to today...

On the way to church we were talking, the 6 is so do-able.  Most of them dress themselves, most of them can feed themselves.  And truthfully I feel like I am more diligent and organized when I am under the gun a bit more. I'm hard wired for a passel of children. 

Rabbit trail: 
What is a bunch of "littles" called? 
They hunt in a "pack".
They are noisy as a "gaggle".
They shed clothing like a "flock".
They eat like "herd". 

Anywho, on the way home from church we got "The Call!" 
We've been on the list for 6 weeks! We've never waited this long. The inner dialog is a bit of panic, excitement and trepidation all rolled into one. We were thrilled to hear that they are "from" our county, that being said, they are originally Romania. And according to our current info, they haven't been here long, have no paperwork, don't speak English and their only worldly belonging is the van they were living in. 
We brought them home, bathed them and burned their clothes. (Just kiddin, they're in the wash.) 
Little "peanut" has "imprinted" on me. Needs to be held every minute or two, and screamed like a banshee when I used the bathroom without her. 
Her older sister we'll refer to her as "stinker" is very protective of "peanut" and they both speak fluent Romanian to eachother.  The language barrier is significant!!!!!  Usually with a new acquisition there is a few days/weeks of getting to know the rules, sort of behavior. Not bring able to communicate between us is going to impact that timeline!  I am sure however that they are talking about all of us. 
"Peanut": This crazy white lady can't keep her fingers out of my hair. 
"Stinker": And what is with the three little kids. They look like us, but I think we're all speaking different languages!! 

I tell ya, it's like the UN around here, but we love it!! 

School starts in earnest here tomorrow. 
Guess which country we're studying!?! 



Comments

  1. Well you have my curiosity up now... I am going to have to hear the whole story... you might have to e-mail me... this just won't do... I have to know whats happening. Ha ha. You are all such fun.
    Love you bunches,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts