Can you hear me?

G: Break-Breaker-One-Piver come in breaker.
I: I'm alll-weddy in, bwaekoo
G: Can you ever heard me? Breaker?
I: Yus, I cun hew you I'm standeen wight heaw!

Neither one of them can figure out the button on the side of the walkie-talkie,  or the process of speaking in turns.

And it's funny.

But it's literally how I feel about the "littles" lately.

💬I know I'm speaking English.
🗯 I know that they have, at least, a 2yr old grasp of the language.
🙋🏻‍♀️ I know they can HEAR me. (we went down that road.)
👩🏼‍🦳My frustration comes in to play,  when they don't respond the way I think they should.

Know anyone like that? 🤦🏻‍♀️

And here we are again,  we've come back to God being like a special needs parent.

God: Hello,  can you hear me? I'm asking why you are losing your cool over the same thing, every 5 minutes?

Me: (Shifting my weight from leg to leg, my clothes are suddenly bothering me,  I break eye contact,  I remember a mosquito bite that's suddenly itching and start to scratch at it.)

This is literally how our special kids deal with stress.
Our little blonde's mouth goes slack and he begins to blink, over and over,  to the point where you can see it's taking effort,  but it distracts his nervous system just enough to pause, ... 💭... searching for an answer that he thinks will be appropriate for the situation.

I know,  I'm preaching to the choir here,  I realize, but this is why I've been a little absent.
I'm struggling to find the encouraging,  the funny,  the uplifting.

Maybe one of you will recognize something in my struggle that can bring you a little understanding.
If nothing else, our kidlets are cute,  and imagining them trying to communicate, in the same language and getting nowhere fast brings you a smile and you can remember to pray for us.  ❤

Comments

Popular Posts