Dear Ms Visor

Yesterday we recieved an e-mail from a Ms Super Visor, about our new case worker.
In 8 yrs this has never happened before. And just in case this letter makes it's rounds back to the dept, I would just like to say,  more supervisors should reach out to the families!  It wouldn't take long to copy and paste a little "checking-in" and I KNOW other families would appreciate it! 

Anyway,  for posterity sake,  and for my friends who go by the name S. Worker,  We appreciate you.

*************************************
Ms. Story,

I am S. Worker's supervisor.  She has listed you as a resource for me to obtain feedback from on how she has been doing this year.  If you could send me information on what you think her strengths are, any areas she struggles with and any additional information you would like to provide.  I don’t include the names of who provides feedback.  I try to generalize the information.

 

Let me know if you have questions and thank you for taking the time to respond to this, it is very much appreciated.

 

Thanks!
Ms Super Visor

***************************************

Good morning!  

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Ms Worker's families!  

We have worked with 4 other counties in the last 8 yrs and this is the first time we've ever heard from a supervisor! 

Ms Worker has been a pleasure to work with!  She was only recently assigned our case, unfortunately it has gone from a straightforward case to an interesting one with DNA testing and parents who don't speak each other's languages!  She seems to have taken it all in stride.  We have had several occasions to call her, and she has always been very responsive.  If she doesn't know the answer,  she will tell you,  "I don't know,  but I'll get back to you." AND SHE DOES!  :-D 

Please,  feel free to use our names.  We have seen the "burn out" that can happen, and want her to know we appreciate all her efforts on our little person's behalf. 

***********************************

At this point,  for the sake of keeping things real,  I'll disclose the fact that I forgot to sign my name!
After all that. 
The baby started crying,  someone was making someone else scream, and a diaper needed changing,  and I FORGOT MY OWN NAME
It's the thought that counts. 
Right?

Comments

Popular Posts