Breakfast Of Fat Champions

Good morning!! 

You ever had one of those mornings where you can't decide what to make? 
You want hashbrowns, but they take too long. 
You know you need the protein in eggs, but scrambled??? Again???
A really good sausage gravy is definitely on the list, but you JUST had biscuits and gravy the day before.  (ok, maybe that last one is just me)

THIS IS THE CASSEROLE FOR YOU!!!

To start you'll need a real quality sausage gray.  My Mother-in-law makes THE BEST gravy and she shared her secret with me.  Make it all in the same pan!!  Its amazing, and it never fails me. So, here goes.

Take the 2lbs of sausage and brown it. Make sure you've broken up all the big pieces.
DON'T DRAIN IT!!!  Add the 2c of flour right to the meat and stir the bee-jeebers out of it.  The flour soaks up any grease and it'll be amazing.
Then add the milk.  I estimate 3 cups, but you want enough milk to cover the meat and flour mix PLUS a little.  Let it all come to a boil again, and POOF!!!  Perfect gravy!!!! 

Now, back to the casserole.

I layer the ingredients in a buttered 11x13 pan, and it will FILL IT!

1 lg bag of tater tots. (I buy the seasoned, but any will work)
One dozen eggs.  I read somewhere that you should beat your eggs just until there is bubbles around the edges of the bowl, and they are a buttery yellow color.
Then gravy over the whole thing. it will sink in a bit, but trust me. YUM
To top it all off I grated a block of medium cheddar cheese.

Pop that puppy in the oven at 350* for 40min. and try to distract yourself from the amazing smell wafting through the kitchen. 
(If you use the cooking time to clean up your kitchen and set the table, your momma will be so proud of you!!)

Be careful when you take that sucker out of the oven, it's heavy and now it's bubbling and the cheese, and gravy, and the sausage... Mmmmmmmm mesmerizing and deadly!


Comments

Popular Posts