POTATO HEAVEN

WOW!
I can not believe its been 4 months since my last post!!
Things have been so busy around here!
There are going to be some amazing changes around here in the next few weeks.
With everything going on, we were dire need of some COMFORT food!!!

This soup is a conglomerate of about 4 recipes I found online. 
I didn't mean to mix them up.... I would happily share their original posts, but seeing as I have BUTCHERED their original recipes, it really is just better to take the blame for this FORTUNATE mishap. ;-)

For my little family I have to usually triple or quadruple the recipes so I'll just give you what I did, and you will probably want to pare it down a bit.  For our family of 10, the pan was SCRAPED CLEAN, and they are already asking me to make it again for tomorrow night. :-D

  • 10 potatoes scrubbed and diced (they were small, so they came out to about 8c of diced potatoes.  Also, we like the skins, but you COULD peel them if you have the patience of a nun!)  ;-)
  • 1 lg onion diced.
  • 1 stick of butter 
I put these in the bottom of my huge pan and fried them up a bit.  I wanted the potatoes to still pop a little when you bit into them, and there is NOTHING worse than raw onion. :-P

 
 I moved this into the biggest soup pot I have and added
  • 1 lg box of chicken stock
  • 2 blocks of cream cheese
  • 8 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
  • 6-8 stalks of chives, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
TADA!
BEST SOUP EVER!!
 

Comments

Popular Posts