I can't drive and chew gum at the same time

When my hubby leaves the house for work, and the sun is just starting to come up, and the house is still and quiet, the inner struggle begins. "Stay in bed, go back to sleep, let the therapists help themselves." OR "Get up, start the tea pot, have a little quiet time and savor the peaceful moments." Wednesday morning I chose the latter. 
I got up, reached for my Bible and had a little "come to Jesus" moment.  It went something like this, "Lord, take this trouble from me!!! But if you don't, give me stamina, give me patience, be near me, and help me to not lose my freaking mind!!!!!"  It was a reverant moment. ;-) 
But I've decided that Jesus appreciates an honest heart, as much as I do! :-) 
Then I thought, "I have another hour before the meeting, I'll go sit on my bed, put on my headphones and started up a movie I've been trying to finish on my I pad. 
Not five minutes later I hear the doorbell being rung....persistently. Hahaha 
I sprang from the bed, and went to the door slipping into my robe and there was the social worker and the CASA.  "Hi! I hope it's ok, we're a little early , we wanted to see the kids before the meeting."  
If you are going to anyone's house, except mine, you would call, text, SOMETHING and ask if you could come early. Right???  I mean, it's not just me, right??? 
Any who, woke up the ones they wanted to see, got them dressed, changed little's diaper and fed them while they talked. 
When it was time for the meeting our home supervisor came. Actually 2 minutes after the meeting was scheduled for. (She's my kind of gal!) 
The meeting, did not go as planned. 
The judge denied our request for a referral.  
We haven't talked about this much, but this last placement has been bad, and we are asking the judge to find another placement. Hopefully one that will adopt them, as their bio situation has deteriorated. Things here at home, well, lets just say there have lots of opportunity for character development, and "come to Jesus" moments. 
The judge is denying our referral request because. The "dad" who is actually not related to either of the  children, has a sister. This "Aunt" who isn't related to either of them,  wants "little".  That leaves them with a bit of a problem. 
We will adopt "little", but not "big", and this "Aunt" will only consider taking "big" if "little" is part of the deal.  It is crazy to me that this "Aunt" who isn't even related is who is holding up the process!!!  
They are going to subpoena me to come and speak to the judge, (about what I'm not completely sure)  but court isn't until the 8th ...... OF MAYYYYY!!!!  Can you believe that?!? Another 6 weeks before we can even talk to the judge! Ugh
If you think about us, pray for our little family. 
Pray for wisdom, and strength, pray that we are making good memories. We want to show Jesus' love, not just His tolerance. ;-) 
About the title here, I was driving to my happy place, (aka Hobby Lobby) chomping on my gum, and out of nowhere, I bit my tongue!!!  I don't mean, nipped it, or almost, I mean, I bit it so hard I had to pull over and cry for a minute.   That not the saddest part of my story.   I have been completely obsessed with Wasabi and Soy Almonds!!! And with this "owie" I can't eat them!!!! 
Cue the violin music, and the mournful wailing! 
:-) 

Made some fun new things this week. 
Taggies!!!
They are one foot square, and lined with minky.
I think they are so fun! 
One of our therapists said, there would only be one addition if she was ordering one.
A paci ring.
Boy was she right! 
Now you have a little Lovey, with satin tags, and a Paci loop. 
I've made them in three fun colors, but they could be made to match any color scheme! 
Thanks for stopping by! 
I hope y'all are having more fun days  and fewer character building moments. 


Comments

  1. Danielle, you always make me feel like laughing and crying at the same time. I will be praying for you. I always ask the Lord to renew my love. I still have to pray it. He always does. He is awesome. I will also pray for strength for you.. I always ask the Lord for that as well… He always blesses me with it; but it does run out, so I have to pray again. Love your little creations. Those are amazing you should sell them on etsy. Is there something printed on the little tags, or are they just for touch factor.
    Love and Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts