Photo a day

Hello my bloggy family!

I have really missed posting, but how to post with no pics, and with so much less time?

Well, Instagram to the rescue!
Here is our dinner from last night! I can tell you it was a roaring success, and tonight's leftovers were no less divine! :-)
I have been looking for THE biscuit recipe, one that tastes like Grands biscuits without the price and hassle of trying to get them home before they explode making me think I've just been shot in the back! (I kid you not, that happened!). I digress.... The recipe, oh my goodness try these!

Grandiose Biscuits.
(Wink wink)


Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup milk

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead 15 to 20 times. Pat or roll dough out to 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits with a large cutter or juice glass dipped in flour. Repeat until all dough is used. Brush off the excess flour, and place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges begin to brown.

On 'All Recipes' they proceed to give you the calorie amounts and what not, but I cut that part off so you'll never have to know!
You're welcome!


The sausage gravy, I learned from my mother-in-law. It's easy least, but you never have to worry about adding the right amounts again! And it's never lumpy!!!

Brown your sausage, drain, then add a cup at a time of flour right to the hot meat in the hot pan... Stir stir stir. We. He meat is all covered and before its gets too dry, add cold milk until it looks like cereal and milk consistency. Bring it to a boil stirring like crazy and poof, perfect sausage gravy!

I'm going for the tums, and hot cup of tea, I *might* have eaten too much. ;-)

Comments

  1. You crack me up ;) I'm trying this recipe as soon as I unpack the kitchen! Loce ya! Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!! That's totally happened to me too (being "shot in the back")!!!! Definitely need to try his recipe soon - lovvvvve me some biscuits and gravy!!!! :) ~~Kiki~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see you back Danelle, I was thinking of going on Pinterest and asking you to come and make a blog post :)

    I am now very hungry for biscuits and gravy. I might have to make that for dinner tonight. I was just trying to think of something yummy, easy, heat warming
    and different that the norm.

    Love you bunches
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, so good to see you blogging again. I love to cook, so these are on my must try list. Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend.
    Blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the blogging bug is going around ;) I have too started back slowly again. And happy now to tell you :) This dinner is my number one choice of pure comfort food! It brings me right back to your side of the states! It looks amazing! So happy to see you on Instagram :)

    Much love to you sweet Danielle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts